Billie Hara is an Assistant Professor of English at Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, where she teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in writing, literacy, and rhetoric. For several years, Billie has been developing alternative pedagogies that aid in the teaching of writing to underprepared students. These pedagogies include using new media and service learning.
As executive director of Write to Succeed, Inc., a Texas-based nonprofit literacy organization, Billie was able to bring literacy programs and practices to schools and community groups (children, women in domestic violence shelters). Additionally, many of the alternative pedagogies have come from her love of and skill with a camera. For three years, Billie participated in Project 365, a photo a day photography project, this has morphed a few times into her current photoblog.
- You can reach Billie at billiehara @ gmail . com
- Billie’s Word Blog: https://billiehara.wordpress.com/
- Billie’s Photoblog: http://billieharaphotography.wordpress.com
- On Twitter: http://twitter.com/billiehara
- On Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/partsnpieces/
- On ProfHacker: http://chronicle.com/blog/ProfHacker/27/